Data protection declaration
§ 1 Information regarding the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information on the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data personally referable to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The data controller in accordance with Article 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is mk-messtechnik GmbH, Zeppelinstr. 1, 73274 Notzingen, Germany,
You can contact our data protection officer at a.zimmermann(at)consilium-zimmermann.eu or via our postal address by adding "the data protection officer".
(3) When you contact us by email, we will save the data you provide (your email address, name and telephone number, and your address if applicable) in order to answer your questions. We will delete the data collected within this context as soon as processing is no longer necessary, or alternatively, if any obligation of statutory retention exists, processing will be limited.
(4) If we employ contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer, or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes. We will also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
• The right to information,
• The right to rectification or erasure,
• The right to restriction of processing,
• The right to object to processing,
• The right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority concerning our processing of your personal data.
§3 Collection of your personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you use the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we will collect the following data which is technically necessary to enable us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 (1) (1) (f) GDPR):
• IP address
• Date and time of request
• Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Content of the request (specific page)
• Request status/HTTP status code
• Respective volume of data transferred
• The website making the request
• Operating system and device
• Language and version of browser software.
(2) If you create an account on our website, log into your account, submit data via a form or make other entries, this data will be transmitted and processed as far as this is necessary for
• fulfilling a legal obligation (Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR)
• pre-contractual measures or the fulfilment of a contract (b) GDPR)
• protecting our legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR). These include the processing of business relationships, answering customer enquiries, internal administrative purposes (e.g. accounting) and security issues (e.g. IT security, crime prevention, compliance investigations, etc.). For the newsletter see §4.
(3) Ordering on our website:
• When you place an order, your personal data as well as data on the purchased products and payment method is recorded. This is sent by email to mk-messtechnik GmbH as the store operator and you as the customer.
• If you choose PayPal (Express) as your payment service, you will be redirected to this service provider's website (PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg). Personal data is transferred, including your name, delivery address, the total amount and the currency. On the service provider's website, in accordance with its data protection declaration, further personal data can be recorded or cookies can be set. We have no influence over this.
(4) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive in association with the browser you are using and through which the party setting the cookie (in this case, us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make our website more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website and our services use the following types of cookies, whose scope and functionality are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period. This period may differ depending on the particular cookie. You can delete the cookies in your browser's security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings as desired and refuse to accept our cookies or those of any third party. Please note that you may then no longer be able to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Collection of personal data for our newsletter
(1) In our newsletter we provide you with news about our products at regular intervals (legal basis is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR and § 7 (3) UWG (German Act Against Unfair Competition)). To do this, we save and process your participant data (including title, first/last name, company, country and email address). If we have received your email address in connection with the sale of a product or service and you have not objected, we reserve the right to send you offers for similar products.
(2) When signing up for the newsletter on our website, you must consent to the use of your data in accordance with this data protection declaration. In addition to the participant data you have entered, we also save data to prove that you have given your consent (including registration date and IP address). In both cases, you can object to the processing of your data for the newsletter at any time, either by email (contact see § 1) or via an "Unsubscribe" link in the newsletter.
(3) Email servers store data on technical processes. Since the newsletter is sent as an email, such data is collected, for example that the newsletter could not be delivered to a certain email address. In addition, we explicitly refrain from tracking recipients' behaviour and evaluating them statistically. In particular, we do not use so-called tracking pixels or tracking links.
(4) For the newsletter, data is transmitted to a service provider in the EEA in accordance with § 1 (4). No data is processed outside the EU or the EEA.
§ 5 Embedding of YouTube videos on our website
(1) Videos are embedded on our website that are provided via the video platform YouTube of the company Google. Google is headquartered in the USA and is known in Europe as Google Ireland Limited.
Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. The basis for this is the legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 letter f DS-GVO) to offer our visitors multimedia information about our products and the explicit consent (Art 6 para. 1 letter a DS-GVO) of our visitors according to (3).
(3) If you visit one of our pages with an embedded video, data from you, such as your IP address, will be transmitted to YouTube or Google and the DoubleClick advertising network. This occurs even if you do not play the video, for example, by retrieving the external thumbnail or external fonts. You must agree to this in advance by activating the "YOUTUBE" function in the Cookie Control Center. If you have deactivated the function, a notice will be displayed instead of the embedded video.
(4) The YouTube videos are embedded in "Enhanced Privacy Mode" on our website. According to YouTube, no cookies are set in this mode to analyze user behavior. If you are logged into YouTube with your account or click on a video so that you are redirected to another website, this may still lead to an analysis of user behavior.