Data protection B2B
- Data protection for businesspartner
- May we help?
Information for business partners of mk-messtechnik GmbH in Europe on the processing of your personal data
mk-messtechnik GmbH undertakes to protect the privacy of its business partners when processing personal data. As of May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") set new standards for data protection within the European Union.
"Business partner" means any natural person with whom mk-messtechnik GmbH has a business relationship, in particular representatives and employees of customers, suppliers, service providers and competitors. The purpose of this letter is to inform business partners in Europe about the processing of their personal data by mk-messtechnik GmbH.
I. Responsibilities and contact details
The data controller for your personal data is:
The contact details of our data protection officer are:
II. Use of your personal data
Your personal data will be processed to the extent necessary to safeguard our legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR), including:
• to conclude or execute contracts and other business relationships (including to process purchase orders, deliveries or payments, or in connection with complaints and repair/maintenance work or in warranty cases) or to prepare or answer requests for quotes, to determine the terms of the contractual relationship, and with regard to product development activities; in each case with our customers, suppliers, service providers and competitors for whom you may act as an agent or employee;
• to transfer your personal data within the company for internal administrative purposes (e.g. for accounting);
• to ensure IT security;
• to prevent crime;
• to conduct compliance investigations;
• to ensure building and plant security (this also includes video surveillance, if necessary to protect our company premises);
• for sending newsletters. If we have received your email address in connection with the sale of a product or service and you have not objected, we reserve the right to send you offers for similar products (§ 7 (3) UWG (German Act Against Unfair Competition). You can also sign up for the newsletter. You can object to this at any time in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via an "Unsubscribe" link in the newsletter. No data from service providers outside the EU or the EEA is processed for this purpose.
Personal data is also processed for the purpose of fulfilling contracts with individuals (natural persons) with whom we have business relationships, e.g. to process purchase orders, deliveries or payments, or in connection with complaints, repair/maintenance work or in warranty cases, or to create and answer request for offers from individuals, to determine the terms of the contractual relationship and with regard to product development activities (Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR).
The data controller is subject to various legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR), which may make the processing of your personal data necessary. These legal obligations can arise, e.g. from tax law, foreign trade law or sanctions law.
III. Recipients of your personal data
Within the company, only authorised employees of mk-messtechnik GmbH with corresponding responsibilities have access to your personal data.
We are authorised to commission third parties such as IT service providers, legal advisers or business consultants to provide the services on our behalf, under our supervision and in accordance with our instructions. These third parties can have access to your personal data insofar as this is necessary to provide their services.
IV. Data transfer
For the purposes mentioned under section II, your personal information may not only be sent to mk-messtechnik GmbH, the contractual partner (and the data controller of your personal data), but also to companies and their service providers within and outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
In countries outside the EEA, different data protection regulations may apply from those in your country of residence. If your personal data is transferred to other countries as described above, we will take reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected in these countries. In particular, we have / will have entered into corresponding agreements with these data recipients containing the EU standard contractual clauses.
V. Your rights
You have the right to receive information about your personal data and to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data or the restriction of processing, as far as permitted by applicable law.
You have the right to object to any type of processing of your personal data, as set out under section II, and to receive your personal data in a structured, common and machine-readable format (data portability), in accordance with applicable law and subject to a legal check in each individual case by the data controller for your personal data. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
VI. Data confidentiality and storage
Each of our employees and all employees of external service providers who have access to and/or process personal data are obliged to treat this data confidentially.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this information letter or our handling of data protection, please contact email@example.com or the data protection officer.
Notzingen, May 2021, mk-messtechnik GmbH
Welcome, what can we do for you
You want advice or have technical questions? You need replacement parts? Problems with our products?
Call us, we are happy to help.
Phone: +49 (0)7021 92807-53 | Mon - Fri 9 am to 5 pm
Fax: +49 (0)7021 95669-26
Your contact person:
Diana Fras (Mrs)
Dirk Pfahl (Mr)
Department FLM products